- Funny ,never saw a game with my nickname wich i have almost 15+ years!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Harkanoid - An Arkanoid Clone Made Difficult! Your goal is to survive the suffering of each level. Game was designed to be challenging for the player. It tests your patience and skill. Who thought Arkanoid alike games can be so difficult.
Release Date: 2017/02/26 From Release Date there will be a competition! Whoever gets first place will get to create a whole new level in the game!
1. Global Leaderboard
2. Retro-Style Mixed With Latest Trend - Vaporwave
3. Arkanoid-Alike Ball Physics
4. Unfair Score System :)
5. Items (Currently only one. Future updates will have more!)
6. Hardcore feel of the game
1. Redesigned Levels (6 levels in total)
2. Keyboard/Mouse Control support. You pick the controller before the game starts.
3. Now multiple hit bricks have different sprites. So whenever it is damaged, you will be able to distinguish the damaged brick.
4. Quit button implemented. (ESC)
5. Every time you win a level, victory screen pops out with a sound effect
6. Two New Items: New Ball; Longer paddle;
7. Every level your paddle gets smaller so it becomes difficult in the last levels.
8. Two New themes that are selected randomly when the game starts + every time level changes, theme is randomly selected too.
1. Implemented minimum and maximum speed of ball
2. Every time ball hits the paddle, ball speed increases
3. Scaled Bricks
4. Improved Sprite assets
5. Max live count has been changed from 9 to 5
6. Now you can instantly restart the game when you lose with <SPACE>
7. Improved leaderboard screen formation.
8. Cursor now is hidden and appears only when you need to click the Input Field.
1. Ball speed fluctuation fixed.
2. Fixed Aspect Ratio Issues. Now 16:9;16:10 is supported, but 4:3 is not.
3. 2nd Ball doesn't spawn anymore and if it does, it wouldn't subtract your lives if there are two balls existing.
4. Death Particles now spawn on paddle position rather than in bottom left.
5. Previously particles weren't destroying itself, but now they do, so less lag.
6. Fixed quiet sounds. (They were all in 3D, but now I have to balance their sound with theme song)
1. When level starts player needs to press the mouse button several times to start the game. (Couldn't reiterate this problem on my side)
2. Ball acts weirdly when it is constantly colliding with the bottom of the paddle
* Mouse, Arrow Keys or AD to move the paddle
* Space to control menu
* 'L' To visit leaderboard
|Published||64 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||57 days ago|
|Tags||16-bit, Arcade, challenge, hardcore, leaderboard, oldschool, one-button, Pixel Art, Retro, simple|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, One button|
If your game isn't working install .NET 4.5 Framework and run the game as administrator. If any problem proceeds to occur. Tweet at me @ScriptanGames or write an e-mail to email@example.com
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
No idea how I ended up here but very happy that I did! Great job! Many remakes or renditions (of one of my all-time favorites) are simply horrible. Yours however immediately caught my interest and couldn't stop playing (until I reached the end :-( ) . It seems you have every aspect covered from the physics and game play to level design and creativity. Great work and I look forward to the full-version.
My only suggestion would be to include a "mouse sensitivity option" if that is possible...not necessary but would find it helpful.
It could be that it is way too early for me so disregard if this is the case but the keyboard controls didn't seem to work for me. The only button that worked was to show high-scores.
Hey thanks for commenting and... stumbling up here! I am happy that you are happy haha. Glad you enjoyed my remake. Full version is coming along nicely, I finished most of the requested features from the r/linux_gaming community, only few more things are left to finish! I'd love to implement mouse sensitivity option, however I chose the UI to be as simple as possible, so I'm not sure design-wise how I could implement that. Oh, the keyboard controls aren't supposed to work as they aren't implemented. Full-release however will have keyboard controls, however they are wonky, so not sure how comfortable keyboard controls will be :(
This has potential! With a few improvements, more levels and a good difficulty curve, I could see playing this as an occasional timewaster. Had to manually set the Linux executable as runnable, though, as it was packaged in zip.
Thank you for playing! I have noted that I have to make .TAR in order to automatically have Linux executable set up as a runnable. Improvements are coming. Currently working on major bug fixes, hopefully will fix them within 1-2 days and then focus on better level design and more interactive content! :)
50 Downloads as of now! Thank you for your support! Don't forget that full version will be released on 2017/02/26 ! It will contain many improvements, new content and of course new levels!